KIDS is an experimental project about the psychology of the group. The final products are a short film, an interactive animation and an installation.
- World Premiere:
- Duration Film: 9 minutes
- Festival Distribution: Some Shorts
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
An animated short exploring group dynamics. How do we define ourselves when we are all equal?
Main Crew / Credits
- Written by: Michael Frei, Mario von Rickenbach
- Director: Michael Frei
- Animation: Michael Frei, Martine Ulmer, Anaïs Voirol
- Code: Mario von Rickenbach, Raphaël Munoz
- Music: Olav Lervik, Riga Cathedral Boys Choir
- Sound: Masumi Takino
- Production: Playables
- Co-Production: SRF / SRG SSR, ARTE
Michael Frei, born in Switzerland in 1987, is a filmmaker and artist based in Zürich. He studied animation at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and at the Estonian Academy of Art in Tallinn. His Films «Not About Us» and «Plug & Play» received numerous awards all over the world. He was invited «Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo» in 2014. His interactive project «Plug & Play» became an internet phenomenon. He recently co-founded Playables, a production company for peculiar projects based in Zürich.
- Release Date: Spring 2019
- Developer: Playables
- Publisher: Double Fine Presents
- Contact: email@example.com
- Duration: 15-30 minutes
- Price: TBA
Coming to Mobile and PC.
Awards & Recognition
The installation premiered at the Museum of Digital Arts (MuDA) in Zürich, Switzerland in February 2018.
The installation is divided into three parts and easily adaptable to different settings in museums, galleries or at events.
Exhibition Trailer MuDA
Exhibition Photos MuDA
An interactive projection on three screens. Dynamic scenarios adapt to the visitors present in the projection-space.
Play the interactive animation on a tablet-computer. Amongst up to 100 puppets. Feel free to play with them as well.
An extensive documentation of the production-process is presented on three slide viewers.
Ein aufwändiger Beta-Test
- NTT InterCommunication Center ICC, Tokyo JP, 15. December 2018 - 10. March 2019
- Museum of Contemporary Art Metelkova, Ljubljana SI, 27. November – 9. December 2018
- Fantoche, Baden CH, 5. September - 9. September 2018
- Museum of Digital Art, Zürich, 3. February - 4. March 2018 (Debut)
Playables is a production company based in Zurich, Switzerland. Playables was founded by Michael Frei and Mario von Rickenbach.
KIDS is the second collaboration of director and animator Michael Frei and game designer Mario von Rickenbach after their award-winning animated short film and short game Plug & Play.